to embrace my life...

I just moved back to New Hampshire after growing up here and then being gone for 14 years . . . my first few days found me re-enthralled with the beauty of the place and realizations of "I could live here the rest of my life"-- then thoughts and memories of my old life back in Idaho started to creep into this dream I was living in . . . and I started to miss my old life like crazy!!! My friends, my students, my colleagues, my work . . . mostly my students, I admit:) I was starting to feel almost depressed after a couple days of this (it gets worse the longer you dwell . . .) until I made the decision TO EMBRACE MY LIFE. Embrace it for its newness. Embrace it for it's possibilities. Yes it will be different . . . SO different from my old life. But there is something exciting about change . . . through change we always grow and, if perspective and attitude work together just right, we become better, stronger, wiser, more compassionate. And who wouldn't want that (???) I ask myself . . . . I say it is worth the struggle.

Comments

  1. Yeah... so glad you posted something. :) Look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie:
    I didn't know you had another blog until I was looking at Kilie's this morning. I will look forward to more posts now that you are so far away.

    Change is hard - but you and Scott are strong and will embrace this new experience and be stronger and better for it. We miss you very much and look forward to coming and visiting you soon.
    Love you tons
    Mom Arrington

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just moved to PA! So I relate to what you are saying. I guess I'd better remember that before we moved (while we were still in Boise), I already decided to embrace my new life. Turns out it's a little harder than I thought, especially when you do start thinking about people you miss. But we can do it!

    Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forgiveness