my students...

I was thinking about my former students this morning...especially the most recent ones I just left back in Idaho. Every time we chat on facebook I end up saying "I miss you" at some point in the conversation. So this morning I was thinking -- why do I miss them so much??? Not that I didn't expect to miss them...they were so special to me and I hated to leave them...but what exactly do I miss??? So here's what I came up with--I miss seeing their beautiful faces and the hope in their eyes...I miss seeing the pain too, not because I liked to see them hurt, but because I would know when to pray extra for them...I miss hearing them sing...I miss their music...I miss the small talk...their sense of humor (you never know what you will get!)...their smiles...the difference they made in my day and in my life. They are amazing...every one of them. And I think part of me wishes I could've done more for them as their teacher so I have this longing--this "I miss you" feeling--because I wish I could still be there for them and teach them more, teach them better than I did before...for some of them, I taught them for just a short time...so short...too short. Maybe though, had I not moved away...I might not have realized how much I love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

to embrace my life...

Forgiveness